American Racing VN 507 or VN510

-

EvanS

Reaction score
Hi, Has anyone put these on a 67 - 69 dart or valiant that has pics of them? I am trying to see what if I like them or not. Also, not sure if I will be able to get either to fit. Thanks.

Will these even fit? I don't see much in the way of offset. Are you converted to BBP?

I have VN425 on my car in 17x7 and 17x8. Both with 19mm offsets.

I have seen pics of them on b-bodies. I really like them. But, if you are still 5 on 4, they are not available. (Well, maybe from their custom shop. Be prepared to open your wallet, Wide). And of course, picking the right sizes and backspacing is critical.
I think both a-bodies and b-bodies have threads where owners post wheel and tire and stance pics, with lots of pages in each. Time to do some research.

I have seen pics of them on b-bodies. I really like them. But, if you are still 5 on 4, they are not available. (Well, maybe from their custom shop. Be prepared to open your wallet, Wide). And of course, picking the right sizes and backspacing is critical.
I think both a-bodies and b-bodies have threads where owners post wheel and tire and stance pics, with lots of pages in each. Time to do some research.
I have an 8 1/4 rear ill be putting on with 5 on 4.5 and front disc conversion that is also 5 on 4.5. I'm not sure about backspacing though.

The ones I saw all seem to be zero offset. (Remember an aluminum wheel is measured between the beads, so a 17x7 wheel is eight inches wide, so 4" backspace is zero offset.) That should work okay on the back, but if your disc brake conversion adds any width to the track, you might need more backspace on the front.
Edit. Don't buy any wheels till you have the 8 1/4 and the disc conversion in place. You will need measurements from your car to know what will fit.

can you post a pic please?
With 73-up front discs and 11" rear drums. Factory A Body 8-3/4

20140808_135613-jpg.jpg

With Dr Diff 13" front, 11.6 rear.

upload_2021-11-22_20-11-23.png

Damn! I like those!

Thank you for posting.

No Problem. The two things I hate about them is the air valve is on the inside of the wheel like a tractor so its ***** to air up the tires. You better wear gloves when you remove them as the edges of the spokes are sharp enough to cut your hand, I've never had a wheel with sharp edges.

I do wish the spokes were colored, like dark ardent or charcoal. There a bit "flashy" for me.

-
Back