American Racing wheels

-

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
I have a buddy that is a dealer for American Racing wheels and he said that they are moving all their manufacturing over to china so if you can get your hands on some of the older ones that are made in America grab them. He said that they already sold off all their wheels that were already made in bulk to the dealers.

Hmmm, I wonder if that was why many of the Torque Thrust II's were unavailable last Summer.

I just got a set of Torq thrusts for my Charger and they were made in China. So I guess they already started.

I just got a set of Torq thrusts for my Charger and they were made in China. So I guess they already started.

I was 'on the fence' about buying a set of Torq Thrusts for the Cuda. Personally, I think I would get tired of them pretty quick. The only 'old school wheel I really like are the Crager SS, but they don't hold chrome and are hard to balance.

They just convinced me to keep my LBP Ralleyes.

My SBP Ralleyes are still for sale.

Thanks for mentioning this. I was going to hold off until the car was finished but I would just feel better with a set of wheels made in the US on the car. The car in question: my '35 Plymouth coupe and the wheels: 15x14 & 15x4 Salt Flats. Anybody have any opinions on how they will look? I'm liking 'em but perhaps they are all I can see on the car right now. I've attached a picture of the '35 and the Salt Flats below.

IMG_0834.jpg

b470.jpg

I have a buddy that is a dealer for American Racing wheels and he said that they are moving all their manufacturing over to china so if you can get your hands on some of the older ones that are made in America grab them. He said that they already sold off all their wheels that were already made in bulk to the dealers.
Thanks for the info, I won't be buying new AR wheels.

Thanks SoCal,

At this time, I plan on painting the '35 a suede color (maybe copper) with a secondary color to match the centers of the Salt Flats.

360Scamp: Any chance your buddy could get me pricing on a set?

I liked the Salt Flats wheels the first time I saw them. I think they would look great on your 35 Plymouth. They have a nice "Old School" look to them.

I liked the Salt Flats wheels the first time I saw them. I think they would look great on your 35 Plymouth. They have a nice "Old School" look to them.

Thanks for the input. Although the '35 has several mechanical Pro-Street features, I really want the majority of its look to be more "Old School" so you just verified what I was thinking.

I have 2 pics that you might be interested in for a colour. I think they would look awesome...I have been thinkin about them for myself :)

S4023526.JPG

34.JPG

Thanks MoparFreak. I really like the copper but I have a feeling that by the time I am ready for paint, it will have been overdone. Several shows I have been to have led me to believe that copper was definitely one of the "in" colors for 2007. Although, I love the color you posted, I am still leaning towards suede paint.

-
Back