another 727 question

-

zijmer

Reaction score
heres one that has me going crazy. a 340 with a 727. the throttle pressure linkage appears to be correct and working properly, yet the shifts are real late acting like to much t.v. any adjusting dosnt change anything. ive tryed three different valve bodys and two govenors. even changed the pump and front drum. still no change. and heres the kicker, removing the linkage from the carb dosnt change anything, still late. any ideas. all are welcome.

Check the cooler flow, if restricted , can case pressure drop in all circuits.
no, i didnt check, but i did put a gauge on govenor pressure and that reads proper.

How does it shift when you manually shift gears?
hi, it shifts the same. 1-2 roughly around 20-25 mph and 2-3 when it wants to. like you were moderate to heavy throttle.

Have you had the governor body out and inspected the governor sealing rings and output shaft support? If things are worn/bleeding off I wonder if the governor pressure is just not making it to the valve body to activate the shift valves even though it reads fine??? At the moment that's the only thought I have

Yep that sure is a tricky one. 2 different govenors & 3 different VBs & the fault is still there, doesn't leave much more to go on. I agree with Fishy thet there is an internal hydraulic leak somewhere. But finding it will be a *****.

yea, its got me to. ive changed everything except the case and convertor. oh well, the customer says he knows of another core. we'll see if i can screw that one up too! thanks for the replies so far and keep them coming. its probly something dumb, but how much time do you spend on it? best just to crash it, keep the good stuff and scrap the rest. it happens.

-
Back