Another widest wheel question....

-
Reaction score
I know there is posts about this, but none gave a direct answer about this question imo.

I currently have a 1972 Plymouth Scamp, the motor is being built by BJR Racing to a 500+ hp/tq, going to use a 8 3/4 rear end and full Just Suspension kit etc etc...

I have ordered all parts and decided on everything except one thing...tires for the rear...

My stance is the old school muscle car lifted look, prolly 1" lift all over or so, maybe 1.5 in rear 1 in front or something. And I would love to run 15x10 cop steel wheels I found, with at least a 275 in the rear, but nobody has said yes or no if those would fit with a rolled fender and the springs moved inward. It would be excellent if somebody had a picture or a confirmed answer that it would work and what offset I would need, if they stick out a little that would not hurt my feelings any.

Thanks.

10" wheels w/stock rear? Never!!!

3" spring relocation? Yes, w/the correct b/s wheel

So with just a 3" spring relocation I could? Or with 3" spring relocation and mini tub? Trying to get widest tire in the back without tubbing at all...might have too tho with 500hp motor and 100-150 shot...

I've got a '71 Dart with an 8.75", stock wheelwells, fenders, etc.

I can fit a MT ET Street 26*10.5 (same as 26*8 slick) on a 15*8" wheel with 5.5' backspace and a 3/16" spacer, and it is very tight up against the spring and fender lip both.

I don't think you'll be able to fit that 10" wheel and 275 tire without probably a spring relocation and possibly a mini tub.

Steve

-
Back