Any motor mounts that would drop motor 1/2 "

-

dodge freak

Reaction score
I have hedmen headers on my 318 car-which I love even though its alot of work to install but one the drivers side I needed to dent the pipes in and cut the pitman shaft stud right to the nut in order to clear. The oil pan does have a good 1 " of space between the frame SO I am thinking of some how droping the motor down a bit on both sides to keep it even. Right now it has the staock rubber mounts. I think I could live with soilds if it ment no more dents in a new set of headers. Anybody done this or am I triping out again?

If somebody knows some mounts that would work I might just do it. My trans guy is great and him and I could fix the pinion angle if needed afterwards.

Spool type I would say I don't know only because I haven't worked with them. The Biscuit type you can loosen the bolts in the k member and the motor brackets/engine brackets and make sure to rock it around a little bit. It might drop down enough just with that. Especially if you put the brackets on the motor when the motor was out or such. I had to do the opposite for mine. I had to go up an inch in my 64. Good luck.

-
Back