Any Painters in the New England (RI/Mass) area?

-

73SwingerBuild

Reaction score
Progress on the swinger has been slow, but I plan to piece it all together and have it ready for paint by the middle of the winter or the spring. I have a supplier for good primers/paints/clearcoats, but I know next to nothing about painting a car. I was wondering if there were any painters on this forum in the New England area that were either looking for a side job or would be interested in painting a 73 swinger.

As it sits now, the exterior of the car has been sanded and primed by a body guy in the area. I already sanded and primed the engine bay, but I used self-etching primer and never went over it with sealer primer, so I'm taking it back down to the metal and priming it with epoxy primer and painting the engine bay myself (How hard could it be? lol).

My intent is to have a Mopar enthusiast with good painting skills lay the paint on. I can supply the materials and would like to be involved in the process, which is why I'm avoiding paint shops. Well, that and the costs associated with having a shop paint your car. Compensation would obviously be supplied to the person willing to paint, the amount depending on the scope of work and how much I can be involved. I want to learn about the process as much as I can.

If anybody is interested or knows of any paint shops in the New England (specifically Rhode Island / Massachusetts area)that are good to deal with, any available information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all for reading.

-Mike

Since you're not getting responses, here's my guy:

Frank DiNoto @
Specialty Autobody 468 Merrimack Street
Methuen, MA 01844-58

Not only is he a car guy, but he was the only shop recommended by Audi, when I owned an aluminum A8 that required body work.
Phone: (978) 794-8454 Try him.

PK

Look Up Robert Cole. He is located in Mansfield Mass. He painted my Duster in 2003 and did a kick *** job. I do not have his telephone number but you should be able to get it from information. Tell him you know Thomas Monaco who he painted the blue Duster for in 03 and he should be able to cut you a deal. Good Luck.

Just wanted to bump this thread. I had a guy lined up to paint the car, but he bailed on his job at the body shop (not that I can blame him). I am looking to get the car painted ASAP now that it is pieced back together.

Thanks all.

-Mike

-
Back