Anybody use Summit's exhaust kit

-
Thanks for all the hints guys. I'm pretty cash strapped after Christmas so the summit system is all I can afford. It looks decent so I think that's what I'll go with since several here have had good luck with it. At least it'll be a whole lot better than the junk system that is on my car now. The tail pipes that are on it now are nearly bent shut as they cross over the rearend. I could tell a huge difference when I hooked up the exhaust to the headers.

I installed this kit on my 68 Dart GTS. They are labeled to tell you which pipe goes on next and the next etc. It comes with nice hangars and clamps. There is even a tech support number if you need it. I believe my headers are hedman and the kit worked just fine. I did trim one tailpipe to make even with the other.

fishy68 said:
Thanks for all the hints guys. I'm pretty cash strapped after Christmas so the summit system is all I can afford. It looks decent so I think that's what I'll go with since several here have had good luck with it. At least it'll be a whole lot better than the junk system that is on my car now. The tail pipes that are on it now are nearly bent shut as they cross over the rearend. I could tell a huge difference when I hooked up the exhaust to the headers.
Thats got my vote. And I am most likely going to order that kit myself.

rumblefish360 said:
Good link gerty. They list @ $122.14 each.
I guess, if you wanted to do an "X" pipe system and these pipes, you could have a nice set up.
Summit/Jegs kit vs Pypes tails only is about equal.

$200+ chump change vs $244.28 and shipping.
Lower performance vs better performance @ a higher cost.
(What else is new?)

At least theres a place to get tail only in a decent size. (2-1/2 & 3 inch)

Guys I belive the $122.14 price was for the pair of tail pipes, or thats what I understood. Might contact them to be sure.
Bob

-
Back