Anyone running a 26" tire on the front of their dart???????

-

duster360

Reaction score
I have a 67 Dart and I just put 26" tires on the front and am having some issues with fitment. Is anyone running a 26" tire on their Dart? I need a measurement from the bottom edge of the fender ( in wheel well area ) straight across to the tire. Doesn't matter if front or rear edge of fender to tire or both.

What wheels and backspacing are you running?

There are a lot of variables, like fender fitment, front end alignment, wheel offset, front end height, tire width, possible frame "tweaks", etc. Do you have issues on both sides? Wheel well openings are similar up front and I have 28" Hoosiers drag fronts on the front of my Dart Sport. Had to bend the lower corner of the front side in a bit and the sidewall gets scuffed a tiny bit, probably during bumps in turns. But it works fine.

There are a lot of variables, like fender fitment, front end alignment, wheel offset, front end height, tire width, possible frame "tweaks", etc. Do you have issues on both sides? Wheel well openings are similar up front and I have 28" Hoosiers drag fronts on the front of my Dart Sport. Had to bend the lower corner of the front side in a bit and the sidewall gets scuffed a tiny bit, probably during bumps in turns. But it works fine.

Just on the passenger side. It is closer to the front of the fender than the drivers side.

were running i beleive 28's but we radius the front wheel lip for clearances

-
Back