Apb Out...340 Owners Take A Look!!

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I know this is a long shot, but better to try then not to. I am trying to track down my original 69 340 block. Like I said a long shot, but I gotta try. I will pay a finders fee and I have a 69 340 complete on an engine stand to trade if someone has info that leads to the capture of my elusive original engine. The last 6 digits are 352197. Reply or email me at cuda169[at]hotmail.com

Thanks
4spdragtop

I have it, in pieces... I think?
see we cross sectioned it after ventilating it with a 273 connecting rod.... :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:
joke

good luck though, thats 'a needle in a hay stack' kind of thing, if it an't scrap by now.

worst case...mill the pad and stamp some #'s. ahhhhhhh:dontknow:

So I found out a little more info on what happened to my #'s match 340. I shared a lengthy conversation and a couple beers with the previous owner Terry, who lived near Omemee Ontario, and still does. Apparently a friend of his at the time Kelly King, asked to take the car for a rip, and put it thru the gears pretty good from what Terry was telling me. Well when Terry went to leave Kelly's place the engine went kapput! After a "discussion" Kelly agreed to pull and repair the engine, so the car stayed at Kellys(he lived at Lakeview Estates, which is between Bobcaygeon and Omemee) while he was supposed to repair it. Of course it never happened, and Terry was in need of money, so the car went up for sale. I found it and at the time Terry said the engine was nowhere to be found, but he had the orig heads. Terry was told the x heads were more valuable then the block...DOH!! Well long story even longer the engine sat at Kellys house in the garage. Apparently Kelly and his wife or girlfriend had a parting of the ways and Kelly is apparently on hard times somewhere in Toronto. Terry and I drove by where Kelly and his better half used to live and it looks like a new house has been built there and it doesnt look like there is a garage there anymore!! I didnt go up to the door yet and talk to the current owner but will in the near future. I'll have to see what wreckers there are around there as well, cuz the engine might have landed there. Serves me right I guess for not trying harder to get the engine a long time ago!! Anyway Terry was glad to hear that the car is getting restored and wants to see it when its done.Terrys "friend" Kelly apparently had a I dont know if this will ring bells or bring back memories to any Canadian members here, but its worth a shot. Keep in mind this all took place around 1992. Reward offered if anyone can lead me to the engine. Vin# P9B352197

Thanks
Steve

worst case...mill the pad and stamp some #'s. ahhhhhhh:dontknow:

I hate to read this on a Mopar site, but I guess it's not just for the chebby peeps. I've seen more fuelly Vettes than were produced from the factory :sign10:

Good luck w/ your search 4spd. It may be out there somewhere :cheers:

yeah someone already told me to do that stamping, but I would rather find the orig engine. Omemee is only 1/2 hr from me, so it doesnt hurt to look!! Cross your fingers for me.

1-ADAM-12 ... 1-ADAM-12 ... be on the look out for one 340 block last seen in the vicinity of Bobcaygeon and Omemee.

4spd, hopefully one day, you will hear the equivalent of: 1-ADAM-12 ... see the man re: a found 340 block (VIN: P9B352197).

Good luck with the search.

1-ADAM-12 ... 1-ADAM-12 ... be on the look out for one 340 block last seen in the vicinity of Bobcaygeon and Omemee.

4spd, hopefully one day, you will hear the equivalent of: 1-ADAM-12 ... see the man re: a found 340 block (VIN: P9B352197).

Good luck with the search.

LOL Thanks!

-
Back