B&M flexplate and starter issue

-

Joseph24251_200

The Mopar Kid
Reaction score
Ok i just put the old 360 back in and found that my started will not engage because it's hitting the B&M flexplate when it does engage it has to be in the cut out section and then it will just jam against the flexplate. Whats up with that did I get the wrong flex plate or do i need a different starter or what. :sad:

Ok i think i just found the problem. Before i purchased the flexplate a guy on here told me to purchase the 727 flexplate because it has both 11" and 10" converter bolt patterns. I now beleave that the 727 flexplate it much larger then what the 904 flex would be. Could any one confirm this for me.

There are two flexplates , if you have the dual pattern one in a 904 the starter wont work because it hits the flexplate before it gets to the starter gear, you will need to get one for a 904 ,I learned the same way as you have.

NMC_ru_Pickerell_jpg.jpg

Hell of a way to learn isn't it. Kind of pisses ya off to, really pisses ya off when someone recommends that you use this very one which will not work.

yes once you have the right one, they are great. much stronger than the factory ones.

Part number is BMM-10236 it actually pretty easy to tell if you have the wrong one. If the fly cover all but the teeth on the Torque converter it's the wrong one. I should have cought this before i put the engine in.

If you have a older mopar with 360 and a 904 you need part number BMM-10239. But if you have the newer 360 I think it's 92 and up it's a different part and part number ofcourse.

Joseph24251_200 said:
Part number is BMM-10236 it actually pretty easy to tell if you have the wrong one. If the fly cover all but the teeth on the Torque converter it's the wrong one. I should have cought this before i put the engine in.

If you have a older mopar with 360 and a 904 you need part number BMM-10239. But if you have the newer 360 I think it's 92 and up it's a different part and part number ofcourse.

OK, mine is 10236... damn. :cussing:
Got to buy new one, I guess 10239 is suitable for me, because my block is '76.

But Joseph, thanks for the help!!! :thumbup:

-
Back