.....BA idea to get fresh air in my car without cutting hood.

-

viperredduster

Reaction score
Well I really like how my flat gloss black hood looks so I was thinking how to get some forced air into the engine. I was thinking go to track and pull off the "1971" tag from the front bumper and expose a molded in air box. I think I could somehow run a pipe up to the carb, but dont have the car with me here in Starkville so I cant just go look and see obvious problems. Can you guys think of any problems routing it from there?

I have a flex fan on it but if I could switch to electrical fans and run the pipe straight back and up into the carb I would prob do that.

Well anyways its just an idea, and I think it would pick me up a little bit.

Well I really like how my flat gloss black hood looks so I was thinking how to get some forced air into the engine. I was thinking go to track and pull off the "1971" tag from the front bumper and expose a molded in air box. I think I could somehow run a pipe up to the carb, but dont have the car with me here in Starkville so I cant just go look and see obvious problems. Can you guys think of any problems routing it from there?

I have a flex fan on it but if I could switch to electrical fans and run the pipe straight back and up into the carb I would prob do that.

Well anyways its just an idea, and I think it would pick me up a little bit.

This set up is in a Aussi charger.....One of the guys in our club, About the same size engine bay as yours.....It works a treat

100_0005.jpg

Thats a clean look on that charger do you know where he draws the air from? Grille or below bumper?

And yeah but I didnt really want to cut into my firewall. Unless I could rig up something from where the heater core used to be. I only have a polished plate bolted up there so it could be removed pretty easy.

-
Back