backspacing on rear wheels ??

-

DartThis74

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just about that time to start ordering up a new set of wheels for the Duster and I'm curious to know what everyone else is using as their backspace and offset for the rear wheels in their 73-76 Dusters that are using an 8 3/4" rear end !!!

I just bought a new set of 235/60/15 Cooper Cobra GT tires that will need to be used on American Racing AR500 wheels for the rear and just doing a simple test fit using an American Racing Torque Thurst II 15x8 (backspacing unknown at the time) and BFGood T/A radials also 235/60/15 from my Dart Sport, it sets the whole wheel and tire directly in the center of the wheel lip leaving exactly 2 1/4" distance from the bulge of the tire to the leaf springs on both sides of the car.

With that measurement found when using the TT II wheels I have concluded bringing it in an 1 1/2" (allowing for 1/2" play between the bulge of tire and leaf spring) should be enough to draw it inward to keep the wheel from gouging into the wheel lip. would this be correct? or am I just forgetting some other measurements that are critical in determining the proper wheel backspacing ? :?

bump !

would anyone happen to know what their backspacing is on their rear wheels with an 8 3/4 ?

with a 73-76 duster and 4in backspacing You can fit a 15x8 wheel with a 275 tire...I have it...I Might beable to get a 15x10

-
Back