Ballast Resistor

-

wheelman21

Mopar noob
Reaction score
I have a 73 340 Dart sport. It was originally a 318 car. I'm trying to determine if my issue is the ballast Resistor. Only problem is I see two. There is a white one with one connector on each end right next to the wiper motor. Then there is one on the corner of the firewall near the inner fender with two connectors on each end. Are there supposed to be two? Is one of them not a ballast resistor?

the ballast near the wiper is for the wiper. the other ballast with the 2 conncts on each end is for the ignition, specifically, for the "5 PIN" mopar ignition box. You could use the
"4 PIN" ignition box alternatively if you need to. It will work with the wiring you have. just keep track as to which side goes to which on the "dual" ballast. One side feeds the ignition box and the ither side feeds the coil

The one by the fender is the one you want. Like I said in the other thread it's probably not the issue but something you can eliminate from the problem. Unplug the two ends and put a jumper in there and see if it runs differently.

-
Back