Basic electronic Ignition question?

-

demon700

Reaction score
I wired in my electronic ignition the other night, my box is a 4 pin, 2 to the distributor, one to the negative on the coil, and one to the ballest resistor. Then when I was getting ready to run a piece or wire from my positive coil to the opposite end of the resistor, I found a marked wire from the slant six labeled (coil). The wire was brown, as was the wire on the resistor(both matching the factory manual's wiring diagram) I seen no problem in stripping the harness back and just connecting the eyelet labeled coil to the positive, figuring it already ran to the resistor. Will this work? Looking at the wiring diagram it looks like it might, but Its all greek to me anyways. The car was originally slant 6 now 318. Using original harness. Any inputs appreciated.

Should have been done that way in the first place. When I converted my Valiant to electronic ignition the only wire that was new was the ECU feed and that was already in the new harness.

I hope this helps, but I think as long as it is wired like this in any shape or form it will be correct

Attachments

• ecudia.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 23,317
Thanks guys, I have that diagram as well. Everything was done that way except rather then add my own short piece or wire, I used the old coil one to save myself a splice. I havn't turned the engine over(almost there!) but thought I would check and see about it before I blow the whole works of er up! lol.

-
Back