BB in Dart Sport

-

farmer260

73 Dart Sport
Reaction score
I have a 1973 Dart Sport 4spd with an LA V8 and V8 K member. I have heard that a big block ie: 440 or hemi would fit in my car with no or very little engine compartment mods! The engine compartment has not had any mods to it and I don’t want to start cutting up my car! Is this true?

Welcome to the board farmer260. You may want to check the info on www.bigbockdart.com That is what they specialize in.

Also, stick around here. There are at least 2 other members in your area. 70Dart, (Marvin) and 340 swinger (Darren).

Jack

Here are engine compartment pictures of mine. Just call Schumacher and order the correct kit with mounts and I would suggest getting the headers to make life easier.
Here's the link:
http://www.engine-swaps.com/

DSC00890.JPG

DSC00891.JPG

DSC00892.JPG

DSC00893.JPG

listen to that little voice in your head. "big block, big block, big block"
just do it

Just follow the links above, and, unless you are going all out strip car, for ease use the Schumacker tri-y headers.

engine&

I don't think you wil have to cut anything up at all. If you had the 72 and prior mounts, you have to cut a bit out of the K fram motor mount, but I think the 73 and up don't require any mods.

You will need to hunt down a different bell housing, only 3 casting numbers work, and you will also have to get some different clutch linkage ( bell housing ball stud, Z bar, etc. You can make them if you know how.) or you can choose to go hydraulic clutch, but I think that just looks weird.

Brewers perfprmance is awsome for 4 spd stuff, that is who I bought my BB 4 spd stuff from.

Phil

PS, don't know about a Hemi though. buyt 440's are fine

-
Back