Bench to bucket conversion

-

70SwingerGuy

Reaction score
I have a bench in my 70 Swinger, dont believe it is original, and I have an option to swap it out for a set of buckets from an early 70s Duster. Does anyone know if there will be any issues? Do I need any kind of adapter brackets, or should I just be able to drill a couple of new holes and bolt them in?
Thanks for any help :)

There are a couple of plates that are welded in on the inner holes for the bucket seats. The hole locations should all be dimpled into the floor, you just need to add the plates.
IMG_1258.jpeg

The inner holes are "dimpled" for location. You will need to mount some support plates on the top side of the floor under the seat adjusters.

^^^^^^^Damn, we're both bored on New Years Eve^^^^^^

Talk about a fast reply! Thanks guys :) Are these support plates just a piece of square steel(that I could easily cut and make) under each corner, or are they a factory specific piece?
Edit: Ive found these online and it looks pretty easy just to fab some up, do they need to be welded in place, or can they be placed loose under the seat tracks?

Talk about a fast reply! Thanks guys :) Are these support plates just a piece of square steel(that I could easily cut and make) under each corner, or are they a factory specific piece?

It’s just a flat steel plate. I don’t have the exact dimensions but it’s probably only about an 1/8” thick at the most.

I made my own, there’s actually a recess in the floor they kind of fit into.

-
Back