Bent Rim

-

340Dart

Obsessive Dart Disorder
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I noticed when I had the rear jacked up that the left rear rim was bent. With the car in gear you can see it was bent slightly. The rim is a Weld Auto Drag. It's not replacable because they don't make this rim anymore. It must have got bent when the a--hole that put the tires on hit the rim with the bead breaker in stead of the tire. I saw it happen, but this was a few years ago. He's not in business any more. It's not that bad maybe less then an 1/8 of an inch. will this hurt anything? I've run it this long and it does'nt wear the tire.

340Dart said:
I noticed when I had the rear jacked up that the left rear rim was bent. With the car in gear you can see it was bent slightly. The rim is a Weld Auto Drag. It's not replacable because they don't make this rim anymore. It must have got bent when the a--hole that put the tires on hit the rim with the bead breaker in stead of the tire. I saw it happen, but this was a few years ago. He's not in business any more. It's not that bad maybe less then an 1/8 of an inch. will this hurt anything? I've run it this long and it does'nt wear the tire.

Just make sure to get the tire/rim assembly,
rebalanced every 10,000 miles or so.

If you don't notice it on the road, it can't be too bad.

Where in Upstate NY are you?

I live just outside Albany.

Thanks. Their Weld Racing rims. I got them from Summit back in 92 for a real good price. They were discontinued.

acn%20084.jpg

If it really bothers you aluminum wheels can be fixed. Check at a store that sells a lot of custom wheels and I'm sure that they can point you in the rught direction.

don

340Dart said:
Thanks. Their Weld Racing rims. I got them from Summit back in 92 for a real good price. They were discontinued.

is that your pt cruiser?
is your car the same colour.. like it..

anyway.. no need to assume you are 100% sure its a wheel and tire issue, but i have seen bent axels.. and things of the sort..
you should check that before you decide to go and waste money on trying to fix an already true rim!

fwiw, its no real extra work and it could save you money!

Those are so close to the Centerlines if the hub opening is the same you could probably run the Weld centercap on the Centerline rim and no one would ever know the difference.

-
Back