best way to clean a white convertible top...

-

Delawarelife

Reaction score
we tryed comet, dawn,tide..any one have a good method. we get dark stains on ours . along the creases...

we tryed comet, dawn,tide..any one have a good method. we get dark stains on ours . along the creases...

I used soft scrub with bleach

You have to be very careful not to let it get on the paint and dry. I do small areas at a time and make sure water is flowing over the paint in the area that the run off is going.

It is thick enough you can wet top some and then apply and let sit for a little bit before starting to scrub.

I have done this on Mustang convertible and vinyl top on Caddy. It might take more than once to get it real clean, but worked better than anything else I tried. Both of these tops had been left dirty for a long time. I think the Mustang took several times to get real clean and then did it maybe 2X a year after getting clean.

try simple green with a mixture of bleach works great do 50/50 in a 5 gallon bucket half simple green half bleach and it should work great!

Go to Wally World and get you a spray bottle of Bleach White for white side wall tires and you'll like the outcome. Good luck.
Small Block

-
Back