blender

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
wife wants to by a blendtek blender, anybody have one?

The two standout words in the consumer reports review were "Loud" and "Expensive"...I'd go kitchenaid myself...powerful, well-built, and available in a variety of colors...

that is what she has, a Kitchenaid. She is just not real happy with it, when she was grinding up Chiles to make tamales it was having a very difficult time getting started, even with very few peppers in it. once it did get running, left some rather large chunks of chiles. this was the second or third replacement of the original purchase. she knows the blendtek is loud, but then again any blender that will grind ice into a smoothie is not going to be silent. and as to the expense of it, she does not ask for much in the way of stuff like this. last thing she wanted was an old Okeefe Merritt range. After finding someone that restored them and doing some research, did not seem like such a bad deal to me....$3500 restored, for a Range that is still around 50 years or so after it was made. it was completly operational before being restored, it was just cosmetics and insualtion that was addressed.

-
Back