Blown 360 build

-

1973dusterkid

Watch This
Reaction score
Ok so bit the bullet and bought a blower

but first the engine its going on

I am pulling the 360 out of my car now to re ring and new bearings in it. I am rebuilding it the same as it is now but with a RPM air gap intake.

the compression ratio will be around 9.0.1 or 9.2.1 somewhere around that.

I bought a used 144 blower I am going to slap on it.
I am going to mount it with a blower plate on top of the intake then the carb on top of it.

My questions are

My holley 750 4160 carb what will I need to do you run it with the blower.
what would be a good boost level with this setup.I know with it being a small blower you will have to spin it fast to make boost.I was thinking 8psi would be about max.

Also when I put the rings in is there any way I need to do them to prep for the blower I plan on adding maybe a 100 shot of n20 if the time comes.

What do you guys think and do you have any recondition on what to do and what kinda power do you guys think this setup will make.I am thinking it will make 400 with potetal of more with some head work.

Do you have a pulley set up all ready for the blower if you should be able to find the boost that those pulleys will make at a certain RPM's and for the rings I would call the ring manufacture and find out what gap to run at your bore size a lot of people like to run a wider gap on top ring than the bottom for the carb I would up the jets 2 to 4 sizes and don't forget to back the timing down for the NOS and boost together and O-ring the block to help seal the cylinders because Small blocks don't have enough head bolts per cylinders. Good Luck! Randy

Do you have a pulley set up all ready for the blower if you should be able to find the boost that those pulleys will make at a certain RPM's and for the rings I would call the ring manufacture and find out what gap to run at your bore size a lot of people like to run a wider gap on top ring than the bottom for the carb I would up the jets 2 to 4 sizes and don't forget to back the timing down for the NOS and boost together and O-ring the block to help seal the cylinders because Small blocks don't have enough head bolts per cylinders. Good Luck! Randy

Will I have to run a boost reffured power valve on the carb.

You can buy a carb now for a blower set up now days that you run a hose from intake to carb to help hold the power valve open!

I should have a pulley chart from my blower somewhere. When I get back home for this business trip I will look for it.

Attachments

• Dart Engine 2 LR.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 456
weather or not its a 112 or 144 I think I am going to have to sell if some stuff came up and they are more important then my toys.

-
Back