boost referenced fuel regulater

-

70wayfarer

Reaction score
hi all,

where is the best place to plumb in the boost referenced fuel regulater? on the carb hat, the supercharger scroll?

also same for the bypass valve and BTM

cheers

The boost referenced fuel pressure regulator should go somewhere in the engine compartment, relatively close to the Fuel Rails, or Carb Inlet....You should have the same size return line as your feed, or Bigger for less restriction and control.

The Blow Off Valve should be located on the turbo to Throttlebody pipe, within 36" of the inlet for anti-surging.

The BTM hose can go anywhere on the intake manifold that sees Pressure/Vacuum.

:cheers:

Carb hat is where the regulator is referenced.
I just noticed more than one question,

If this is for turbo then,
BTM and BOV from the intake below the carb..

I misunderstood Supercharger Scroll?? If this is the case then I would say everything from the intake below the blower.

will do. thanks for the advise.
cheers

Sorry Kiwi!:cheers:
I misunderstood my own reading! LoL! For some stupid reason I had a roots style blower in my head???

The centrifugal supercharger does work similar to a turbo. You will need to reference the fuel regulator in the hat. The BOV or bypass should be referenced below the carbs throttle plate in the intake. The BOV needs to recieve a vacuum signal to to help actuate the valve.

The BTM should be referenced in the same place as the BOV, intake manifold.

Sorry for the stupidity moment.:banghead:

no worries CUUDAK. i'm new to the forced induction thing, so still learning.
only got the Powerdyne BD11A for now, but will see how it goes with the upgrades and may look at changing the head unit later on.

once again, thanks for the advice.

-
Back