Brake line adapter

-

wedgie

Reaction score
I am looking for the adapter fitting that screws into the rear of a Mopar master cylinder. The "master cylinder adapters" that I find at the local auto parts seem to be too short. It should adapt 1/4" inverted flair tubing so I can run to my "T" and then 3/16" to the front brakes. The adapters that I find for the rear brakes (front reservoir) seem fine.

I'm not sure which fittings in the system you are talking about, but if you need the adapter fittings that are larger in size than what's standard for a certain size brake line (like say 1/4" size fitting adapter for 3/16" brake line), I found what I needed at Napa. They were just short adapter brake lines, like 6" long, with the step up or down fittings on one end of the line, typical size on the other. Only a couple bucks each. Just cut them off the line and put them on your lines as needed. They were red zinc plated instead of the typical yellow too, so makes it easier to identify them I guess. I know the mc fittings need these as well as a couple of the fittings that go into the prop valve.

I know what you are talking about. I had the same issue, one is 1/8 line the other is 3/16 line. One is much deeper i nthe master, but what ifound is you can get a tapered seat fitting. it will not go all the way in, but it will seal just fine. The other regualr pipe fittings with not work because there are non taper. Car Quest and many parts stores stok these fittings and misc line sizes etc too to make up what all you need.

good luck!

-
Back