Brake questions

-

coffeedart67

Reaction score
After sitting in storage for about 3 years, I stepped on the brake pedal and it went to the floor. The brakes where ok when I put it in storage(at that time the master cylinder was only a few years old. Is there any problems I should look for or was it just air in the system? I am replacing all of the steel lines (the Right Stuff)and will source new rubber lines locally through auto parts, should I also replace wheel cylinders at this time too? Ooops almost forgot 67 Dart GT with 9 inch drums all the way around. When I had the shop change the master cylinder(I know I could have done it myself but I hate bleeding brakes), I was told to never bring the car back to that shop, cause they had a bear of time removing the master cylinder(had to crawl under the dash and remove the rod from the pedal)Then they had a bear of a time bleeding the system, finally a piece of crud popped out and hit one of them in the arm and left a little welt. Also should I replace the prop valve or should I be OK using the old one?

Sounds like that shop employs a few whiners, check resivoir, get car in air look for where its leaking, r+r bleed, Your call on how much of the system you want to replace, or looks questionable. good luck

I do have to give the shop owner props, though, because a severe thunderstorm rolled through and he let me stay about an hour after closing time until the worst of it rolled over and even offered to let me leave my car in his shop overnight. I do have to find out if the ban still stands though, because I need some exhaust work done on the car.
Sorry for the off topic detour.
thanks

Lol, never bring it back. Don't ,you had morons working on it. You can pull the m/c rod out without the pos under the dash crap.
I would suggest; start with- fluid in m/c, then bleed. If better, then try it at slow speeds. I would still rebuild it all, as the guys had no clue, and brakes are important.

if you are paying good money to this shop and they have a problem working on your ride take it elsewhere i am sure there is a shop nearby that offers more than weather protection working on these older cars are bound to have a little problem pop up from time to time good luck to you.call on fabo i have had a lot of problems solved this way [you should go with the ban]

-
Back