Brakes locking on

-

modart440

Reaction score
Have a 68 Dart with the complete Dr Diff disc brake setup.13 inch front rotors and 11.7 rears.15/16 2 bolt aluminum mater.All new stainless brake lines all braided flex hoses and a drum brake distribution block(recommended by Dr Diff for this setup)Manual brakes.Problem I have is after driving the car for 1/2 hour to 45 minutes with some spirited driving and braking all 4 wheels have the brakes lock on solid and fluid comes back up the master cylinder caps.Let the car sit for 30-40 minutes and its fine again.I CHECKED AND THE BRAKE PUSHROD ALLOWS THE MASTER cylinder PISTON TO RETURN AGAINST THE C-CLIP RETAINER.It almost seems like the system builds pressure every time the brakes are applied and when it reaches a certain point the brakes lock on. Any ideas??????????

I would still back off slightly on the push rod adjustment. I think this is how I resolved it many years ago.

I'm using the non adjustable push rod.Do you have to switch to the adjustable one?Where you using the same brake setup?
thanks

Try pulling back on your brake pedal, I had the same problem after going to manual brakes on my dart and the pedal was not going all the way back.

-
Back