Build Sheet checks for 1976 models.

-

Riddler

Project EH-Body
Reaction score
I have my VIN and build sheet and I'm trying to determine what everything means on my build sheet.

I've done a few checks on google and such but have come up empty. Everything is for before 1974.

Does anyone know of a source to check this info?

Riddler

69bronzeT5 - Would you need a scan of the build sheet in order to decode it? I planned on scanning the build sheet tomorrow to add to my media collection.

74scamp360 - thank you for the link, but it doesn't quite work for 1976 models.

This is what I got back from your link.

My VIN: VL29G6G111414

Body Type: V = Plymouth Valiant / Duster (OK)
Price Class: L = Low (OK)
Body Type: 29 = 2 Door Sports Hardtop (OK)
Engine: G = 383 325HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL (WRONG)
Year: 6 = 1966 (WRONG)
Sequence Number: 111414 = 11414th Vehical Built (OK)

Riddler

the build sheet would take some time to go through. if you want an overview of what is there post the fender tag info instead.

wow i've never seen it make that many mistakes, it was pretty near right on for me it just didn't know my paint code and one option. owell worth a try.

The last build sheet I had listed the codes on the back. Hard to read but there.

Thank you very much. I planned on sending off an email to you for the registry. Maybe we can take care of that after we decode it?

Riddler

white car with white canopy top, black/white buckets w/ console, 318, auto, air cond, power disc brakes, us build, tinted glass, chrome rallye mirrors, inside hood release, light group, bumper guards, chrome wheel well mouldings, am radio, power steering, rallye wheels, and a couple of other things... ect......ect....

Thank you 7demon2. How are you able to decode that? I'd like to learn. Being a noob, I'm taking in information like a sponge.

Riddler

you will need a white book from galen govier. the online stuff will not go past 74 in most cases therefore you get garbage back out of it. there are alot of code changes that occured from 75-up so some things won't be listed or are not used for other things.....

-
Back