Camshaft for 5.2 magnum

-
thank you for

thank you for the info i have been looking at 5.9 mags but a little hard to come by in my area i have been looking at pick a part and they have a few but i am very weird about mileage how much is to much.
Where are you in California? I have a few places I can send you to. Magnums have good ring seal well in to the 120,000 mile range. Anything before that I wouldn’t worry about. Usually a set of bearings gets you on your way. Bonus if you can hear it run and see the oil pressure before buying.

i love the whole idea and thank you for sharing but what springs did you go with like brand etc
https://www.hughesengines.com/Index...bnVt&level1=VmFsdmUgU3ByaW5ncw==&partid=35162
that was the next question i have no clue, the stall really depends on the cam but flexplate i have no clue, i just got a fresh 904 to go with it tho
Use the stock Magnum flexplate with the 904. You’ll have to elongate (Waller out) one hole to make the bolt pattern work.

thank you for the info i have been looking at 5.9 mags but a little hard to come by in my area i have been looking at pick a part and they have a few but i am very weird about mileage how much is to much.
where are you in CA? there's TONS of magnums around. PYP, offerup, marketplace, CL, ebay, car-part.com.

i'd suggest looking for something in the 150K or lower mileage bracket. a lot of places do full pulls that are tested (compression, or have run videos) and will offer warranty. you'll pay more, but you don't have to brave the junkyard and sweat and cuss and bleed.

what springs did you go with like brand etc
most people use the hughes spring kit. i'd talk to whoever grinds the cam (if you go that route) and see what they recommend and/or supply

that was the next question i have no clue, the stall really depends on the cam but flexplate i have no clue, i just got a fresh 904 to go with it tho
the 5.9 is externally balanced and uses a weighted flexplate, so you'll need a neutral balance converter. if you don't have a flexplate you can buy one and get either weighted or neutral, thus necessitating a magnum balanced converter.

basically, you need one to be neutral and one to be weighted. it sounds like you already have the 904, and it's likely neutral so i'd just use the stock 'plate and roll.

ETA: looks like you got it in stereo from me and TT5! great minds and all that...

Where are you in California? I have a few places I can send you to. Magnums have good ring seal well in to the 120,000 mile range. Anything before that I wouldn’t worry about. Usually a set of bearings gets you on your way. Bonus if you can hear it run and see the oil pressure before buying.

https://www.hughesengines.com/Index...bnVt&level1=VmFsdmUgU3ByaW5ncw==&partid=35162

Use the stock Magnum flexplate with the 904. You’ll have to elongate (Waller out) one hole to make the bolt pattern work.
I live in the socal area. And thank you for the link. And my other thing is if you need to make the whole bigger it that on the crank side or the flywheel

I live in the socal area. And thank you for the link. And my other thing is if you need to make the whole bigger it that on the crank side or the flywheel
it's on the torque converter side. not where it attaches to the crank.

It’s the flexplate. And it’s super easy, takes about 30 seconds with a die grinder.
9AC64689-0DC7-4ACE-819A-FC889DC0F6E0.jpeg

Magnum 5.9 crank and flexplate that was in front of a 904. See the close up below.
65F4E8AC-CAE3-422C-B5BD-1FCE2CAE655F.jpeg

That hole just needs to be elongated slightly.

In So Cal, my go to place for complete takeout engines (wiring harness, ecu, and all) is Indiana Truck salvage in corona. Great people to deal with and fair prices. The last 5.9 magnum I bought complete was $700 with 91,000 miles on it.

-
Back