Carburetors, etc

-

Signet Clint

Reaction score
Hello! I have a 65 Valiant Signet with a slant 6, single barrel carb. I've rebuilt it, but still the gas leaks out of it overnight. Any suggestions for a better, perhaps higher performance carb to replace it with? The car has been sitting for about 14 years, but it ran when I shut if off, and now it's time, finally, to get it going again. Thanks for any advice.

It's probably not leaking.

Most likely the gas evaporates out due to heat overnight.

I have an electric pump to prime the system on my 64........

Be sure the air bleeds are clear, does it run OK, or rich a bit? Spray down in to the bleed w/some carb clean(please watch Your eyes-goggles), make sure you see/hear vapor/
gurgling in the vent/bowl................

It's probably not leaking.

Most likely the gas evaporates out due to heat overnight.

I have an electric pump to prime the system on my 64........
I've thought about getting an electric, thanks.
Be sure the air bleeds are clear, does it run OK, or rich a bit? Spray down in to the bleed w/some carb clean(please watch Your eyes-goggles), make sure you see/hear vapor/
gurgling in the vent/bowl................
I seem to remember it running a little rich. I've got some spray carb cleaner, when I get ready, I'll give her a good spraying. Thanks.

like slantsixdan says,........ sorry fuel of today,.... that line mod will reduce the fuel boiling problems and is the FIRST step to a decent to great running carb...

-
Back