Carter AVS 4611s too far gone ?

-

Mopar-N

Reaction score
Was wondering what everyone thoughts were on chances of this carb being able to be rebuilt / restored or if I should look for a better candidate to start with ?

IMG_1972.jpg

IMG_1973.jpg

IMG_1974.jpg

That's pretty ugly. Yes it's a hard to find unit.

What do you want the end product to look like?

Last edited:
man... that is rough!

once aluminum/pot metal gets corroded like that it's hard to bring it back. all the steel work will need to be replated as well.

if you don't care about the finished appearance, i'd say maybe it's something to pursue but that would hinge strongly on what the inside looked like. that is, if you can even get it open with out destroying the whole thing.

if it's for a numbers or show car, i'd be on the hunt for a better piece to start with.

Trash can. Once they get like that, you can clean it, even media blast it, but it always comes back. It's a toaster strudel.

Looks like the one that was on ebay for a while.

Try contacting Woodruff, a
Member here for their input. They have rebuilt and restored carbs for members here including myself.

It can be restored. There are carb shops that specialize in restorations. They will totally disassemble carb and re-plate. Expect about $3-400.

Um.....
Give it Elon Musk for one of his Teslas...stop them catching fire

It can be restored. There are carb shops that specialize in restorations. They will totally disassemble carb and re-plate. Expect about $3-400.
What is left to restore? Close up look.

What do you want the end product to be?

D48C8F14-13E6-4DD6-B787-27D939A600A4.jpeg

I am going try and locate a better one to start out with, thanks for all of your input.

I'd love to see what it would look like soda blasted. I've cleaned some pretty ugly carbs, but that looks sketchy even by my standards

-
Back