Carter BBS 1 barrel Corroded

-

Slantsix64

Reaction score
hey guys for some reason when i take off and flip it upside down my throttle plate gets all rusty looking and corroded any ideas why this is happening ill take it off and clean in put it back on and that same thing happens again its on a slant six 225 with electronic ignition. I was thinking maybe bad plugs?

too much in town driving with short trips. The engine never heats up .
When was the last time you took the carb off & looked under it like this ? Lawrence

Does or did this engine have EGR? Even if disconnected or blocked if the valve or block plate is not sealed well the corrosive exhaust gasses could be lingering.

too much in town driving with short trips. The engine never heats up .
When was the last time you took the carb off & looked under it like this ? Lawrence

I drive 25 miles round trip every day, i do have this problem its really hard for my slant six to reach 180 degrees it only reaches about 170 i took it off last week do you think it has to do with my heat riser valve? it works though

Does or did this engine have EGR? Even if disconnected or blocked if the valve or block plate is not sealed well the corrosive exhaust gasses could be lingering.

nope the engine did not have an egr since i have owned it.

I was also thinking my plugs might not be good anymore because i installed the ngks but never took off the gaskets from the plugs ran my car like that for about 2 months that made a problem with my car getting hot while driving on the freeway. If this has anything to do with this problem.

-
Back