Cast Iron Manifolds

-

Tony Fields

That's How I Roll
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I am putting a 360 in my 1967 Barracuda Fastback with the 727 tranny.

What exhaust manifolds should I use unless the stock ones will work. My current 360 and manifolds are from the 1972 Dodge Polara doner car.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

personally i don't think the polara manifolds will work but i don't know for sure.i have a set of a body small block manifolds if you can get a part# of what will fit i will check mine to see if the number is what you need if so i will let them go cheap as i will never use them let me know

6pkmopar said:
personally i don't think the polara manifolds will work but i don't know for sure.i have a set of a body small block manifolds if you can get a part# of what will fit i will check mine to see if the number is what you need if so i will let them go cheap as i will never use them let me know

Thanks 6pkmopar....I will try to find the correct numbers and get back to you

6pkmopar said:

Looks like I might need the following:

L.H. 2863553
R.H. 2863549

Is this what you have? If so, how much do you want.

Thanks,

dusterdon said:
What you need are the 340 manifolds from 68-71. they are the best.

don

Don, do you have the casting numbers for the 340 manifolds?

The reason I used the 2 casting numbers in my previous post is that Y1 sells an "H' pipe set up for A bodies that will bolt up to those 2 casting numbers.

Thanks

Oh and if your looking for the 340 HP manifolds, be prepaired to pay $$$$ for them...

If your looking for cheapies then you might want to dig up some a-body 360 manifolds or '72+ 340 manifolds. BUT, they might not bolt up to those Yearone H-pipes you speak of. I'd go with a good local custom shop anyways. Just my pair'o cents

I hear that Year-1 will have or does have re-pop manifolds available for the 340. I know they had the BB magnums out and the SBs' were next! :wav:

Listen listen this is a FACT....use what you got if you can.... The "HP" manifolds give you a WHOPPING 2-3 extra HP and THATS IT...and thats over LOG later model manifolds that are a DIME A DOZEN...like was said if you need that extra 3 HP so desperately expect to pay BIG BUX for it...other than that just get a set of later model 360 manifolds or use what you have(if you can).

here is the shootout article Mopar Muscle did on a 300 HP engine

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/techarticles/155_0307_mopar_crate_engine_exhaust/headers.html

Oh and if your looking for the 340 HP manifolds, be prepaired to pay $$$$ for them...

If your looking for cheapies then you might want to dig up some a-body 360 manifolds or '72+ 340 manifolds. BUT, they might not bolt up to those Yearone H-pipes you speak of. I'd go with a good local custom shop anyways. Just my pair'o cents

I just got some from a 1981 diplomat with a 318, but the ports match the 360 heads with no porting and the outlets are 1-7/8" and can be ported to 2"

-
Back