cd ignition suggestions plz

-

pjc360

Reaction score
I've decided that i'm going to buy a new cd ignition and run one, I mainly want to be able to open up my plug gaps and get a better burn at idle.
I'm having a tought time deciding on wether to get a box with a rev limiter or not? they are nice to have but are they a have to have? specially in my case since my engine is in a 4x4 truck that wont be seeing extreme high rpm very often and i have an automatic.
And i'm trying decide between the mallory hyfire or the msd digital 6 or the crane cams hi-6, the coil i have is a crane cams lx91 coil that can be used with cd ignitions it is an e-core tyle coil, so a crane cams hi-6 ignition would match my coil, but my coil is a few years old.
The crane box brand new is 250 bucks, i could get a mallory hyfire and a brand new mallory promaster e-core style coil for 260 bucks total, so do i spend 10 ore bucks and get a brand new mallory box and coil or do i spend 250 and run a brand new crane box to my older crane coil? Or do i buy a msd diital 6 for 214 and run it to my exsisting crane coil? Please help me decide, i have been driving myself nuts trying to figure out rev limiter or no rev limiter and new box and coil or just new box and old coil? Is the crane box that much nicer then the mallory to justify not spending an extra 10 bucks and having a new box and a new coil?

-
Back