"Charlotte" Rolls in "Park". . .

-

Gen2Cudas

Reaction score
Hey, Afternoon all.

"Charlotte", or "Charlie" as my daughter has named her- the '67 Barracuda 'Vert I have recently bought and been wrestling with- is just about ready for her regular road debut. I am in the process of getting the headlights to go to Bright at the stomp of a left foot so I can get the darned thing inspected, hopefully this next week.

I do need a bit of advice about the parking sear in the transmission though. The 'Vert will roll on ya even though the Selector is in "Park"- unless you slap the stick up a little harder when you put it there. I just know where the thing is going to wind up when we start driving it around town- out into the street in traffic unmanned (or un-Ladied)! ". . .But, I just got out of it for a minute to run into Ross. . ."!

To head this little anticipated experience off before I or they get to experience it, and so that I don't have to carry a set of chocks for the rear wheels, how does one go about adjusting this. . .or is it even possible? I have never had it apart to see how it works- just remember how it made such a lovely grinding noise in my fastback when a friend shifted into Park before coming to a full halt. . .!

If this be a techy question somewhere in FABO, please feel free to direct me. . .

As always, thanks folks.

Mike

Sounds like its out of adjustment and its not hard to fix. If it's a column shift theres a link at the cross shaft under the drivers floor, to make adjustments at. Floor shift models are similar, but ya gotta get the car up in the air a little to get to it. Don't let it stay out of adjustment too long, because if its out of place at Park, then its out of position for drive and reverse also. Could cause some trans damage.

Will go under the thing tomorrow and find the adjustment.

We have had our share of fun trying to get the Slanty to behave- Slant6Dan over at Slant6 Forum found a sweet Carter BBS for it- got it on yesterday and Man! What a difference! Darned thing sounds like a little Singer Sewing Machine! Now, all I got left is: Exhaust. Tires. Inspection. Valve Lash. Oh, got some turn signal dash lights to get into and fix- finding that a little cleaning of ground contacts and bulkhead connector has gotten the dim/brights to work as well as the flashers. . .A big help has been finding that the previous owner did not understand a grounding strap is a helpful thing to have hooked up- mine was laying on the tranny!

Only just a few dollars away. . .

Got the radio to work for about 2 seconds; think I blew something internal as the fuse is intact. . .

Now, where is a Mopar show or cruise I can drive to for a shakedown run?

Mike

-
Back