Coker Pro-Trac

-

project360

Reaction score
anyone have any experience with them, street and or strip.

thanks

Don't think they will be much for traction at the strip. Probably ok on street if you don't get real crazy (now who would go and do that). I have to have a street/strip tire or else i swap ends :)

Coker states street strip compound ? and with 2 x 11.3 inches of tread on the ground it may or may not do what i need is still the burning question...

images

images

Used to run the old real pro tracs back in the day. bagged down they hooked pretty good. lot of contact patch. didnt ever last me long though. Wonder why?

well, guess these are my new tires... will have to see how it goes, and with almost 24 inches of rubber on the ground im hoping it does fairly well...

I say you smoke them. I had a set of M/T Sportsman Pro 29.5x12.5 and the car would get all stupid when I hit the gas. I know you asked about the Pro-Trac but the M/T's are similar in style.

I am looking at the M&H Muscle Car Cheater Slicks N50/15 or P275/60-15. I think you would get a lot more traction with these a still keep that old school look.

I had some L/60/15 Pro tracs on the back of a 69 Chevelle I had shortly after I got outta high school in 1983. Small block 400 muncie 4 speed and 2.41 gears and it would roast um going into high gear. It would make you back out of it on the other end though. lol

Hope they work well for you. I don't think they are truly a soft compound tire, but may work just fine for you. I have always liked the tread pattern.

why not go with a modern drag radial, i went with a nitto 275/60/15, hooks great on the street, i'm at about 410 to 425 hp

Attachments

• demon new 003 (1280x853).jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 996
That looks great man. I love that color.

thanks all....ive looked at the nitto 555r in a 325x50x15, but i couldnt find the actual tire dimensions besides the height, i may stop at a dealer and see if they have the dimensions. Guess the coker just looks cool better than function, guess i will have to pass.
I also looked at some other drag radials but didnt like the wear characterictics on the street from what ive read. this tire size im hooked on is 325x50x15 which is roughly--

27.7 inches tall
11.3 in. contact surface
12.6 in. wide

My contact patch is 9" the 325 i would guess is around 10", if your looking for the wheel well to be filled (i'm assuming its tubed) then maybe the protrac is the way to go, Most of what i have read seems to say the Nitto's will last 8k to 15K, but that all depends obviously.

thanks EL5DEMON340, and yes im mini-tubing as we speak.... i should end up with 15 inches of tub width when im done cutting and putting it back together. and from a few tires ive looked at, the 325 contact patch is 11, 11.3 or 11.6 with the overall width between 12.5 and 13.5 dependent on which tire your looking at... the ET streets radials have an 11.6 tread width and overall side wall width of 13.1 and 28 inches tall.
coker is 11.1 tread width and overall side wall width of 12.65 and 27.8 inches tall.

--- for all,,, i would like to add this fact to consider for the pro tracs..... i live in Tucson AZ, so the asphault is freakin hot, so im not sure if the temp. will help or not with the pro tracs, but even hard tires are softer here due to the heat. I have also found a pair of MT ET street radials, however im trying to see how they ware on the street ??

i wouldnt run the pro tracs if you gave them to me. i remember my brother had them on more than one car and some of his friends tried them. i tried the mt indy profiles, they seemed comparable to me. spun like you were on a pile of wet leaves, im not even talking real hot rod stuff. 4 brl v8s with dual exhaust. with the tires they have today you dont even need huge rubber. my car went 11.8 with no wieght savings at all and still got the tire off the ground on a 26x8.5 slick. stock body car all steel, steel wheels heavy big block up front.

Nitto Drag Radial NT555R in 15”

Size: P275/50R15 101V
Diameter: 25.75
Section Width: 11.18
Recommended Wheel Size: 7.5-(8.5)-9.5

Size: P275/60R15
Diameter: 27.76
Section Width: 11.10
Recommended Wheel Size: 7.5-(8.0)-9.5

Size: 325/50R15
Diameter: 27.99
Section Width: 13.11
Recommended Wheel Size: 9.0-(10.0)-11.5

good info,...general consensus... im forgetting the protracs, so im torn on the

Nitto 555r N-50..325x50x15 or
MT ET street radial 325x50x15

im still curious as to the tread width of the Nitto 325... ( guessing 11.5ish )
Size: 325/50R15
Diameter: 27.99
Section Width: 13.11
Recommended Wheel Size: 9.0-(10.0)-11.5

m/t is going to give better traction, the nitto will last longer and be a better street/strip tire.

im still curious as to the tread width of the Nitto 325... ( guessing 11.5ish )

I'm guessing you're correct based on other manufacturer's advertised treadwidth for the same size tire. For what ever reason Nitto does not advertise tread width.

I'm using Nitto P275/50R15 on my Demon.

Attachments

• Demon Exterior01.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,953
-
Back