Comments on tyre/ rim combo, '71 Dart

-

Superelbert

Norwegian wood
Reaction score
Hello good folk of the A-body Forum! :icon_smi:

I have a '71 Dart swinger GT with stock 14 x 5,5 rims and 195/75 tires.

I love the look of the '71 dog-dish caps, but would like something a bit more beefy, both for looks and handling....

Now here's my idea..

In order to retain the stock hub-caps and save some money, I was thinking of having my stock rims widened, perhaps to 7"

An idea for tires would be 225/70 Radial T/A's. These will be somewhat taller than the set-up I'm running today, but that would only be a good thing since I have problems with the headers craping on speed-bumps etc..

Not a very radical suggestion I know, and regarding the rear wheels I think i Should be safe considering what some of you guys are running.

My problem is that most of the posts (yes, I've gonet hrough them!) deal with rear wheel sizes... Where I'm from the regulation states that you must have the same wheel-size front and rear...

So, does anyone know if I would be ok with 225/70-14 for the front wheels?

Any opinions and comments will be much appreciated! :burnout:

Yes, you should be fine! I have a 1970
Dart Swinger with 225/70 14 on the factory rallye wheels and they fit and drive nice. I have also had 235/60 15 on 14x7 steel wheels on the fronts with no problems. :toothy10:

That was a quick response! :)

Thank's a lot SEDAN, very good to get some assurance before one spends hard earned savings on new rolling-gear! :)

Not going for the all-out dragracing look, but those whell-wells need filling up a bit.. ;)

nce again, thank you very much for finding timefor responding to my rather trivial (compared to what others are messing round with!) question! :)

-
Back