Competition Engineering front shocks

-

64physhy

Reaction score
I just got a set of Competition Engineering 3 way adjustable front shocks for my Duster. I know they aren't supposed to be used on the street, but they will see some street use. What setting should I put them on for the street, and what should I put them on for the track? I've probably cut about 100 lbs or so of weight (mostly from the front), so I'm guessing the weight is 3300-ish. Gears are 4.10 behind a low-geared 904 with 3500 converter. Tires will be 27" (maybe 28).

Hope you hav better luck than I did, got em at the end of september, now with them on the 90/10 setting the thing lifts then the passenger side drops right back down like a 50/50 shock but the driver's side stays high. Makes for an interesting ride tho lol.

Hope you hav better luck than I did, got em at the end of september, now with them on the 90/10 setting the thing lifts then the passenger side drops right back down like a 50/50 shock but the driver's side stays high. Makes for an interesting ride tho lol.

That is a problem with them right out of the box. I have been running them on Nikkis 66 for almost a year now and they are great on a daily driver! But I ended up playing the return game with Summit a few times until I got 2 that worked right out of the box.

Hope I don't have that problem. I put them on last night, but didn't test them.
Forgot to mention, Summit threw in a free disposable razor with them....how generous!

I run them on my 440 Scamp, I have them set for 90/10 with 440 torsion bars on the street and track. It handles pretty good on the street. Just have to watch for any holes on the road.

Hope I don't have that problem. I put them on last night, but didn't test them.
Forgot to mention, Summit threw in a free disposable razor with them....how generous!

You will know if one is bad right away. It will be the side that is lower than the other.

-
Back