Convertible Top...

-

redrag64

Reaction score
I need to replace the convertible top, window, pads, and well on my 64 Dart convertible (I will be adding a boot as well). The parts will cost around $600.00. My question is, should I pay another $500 - $600 to get it all installed, or should I do it myself? It doesn't seem like rocket science, but it also sounds like if it isn't done just right, it can go bad, and be expensive to fix. You input is greatly appreciated.

THANKS.

If you have never done this kind of task before, you might best be served by having a professional do it. While rocket science it is not, it can be a duanting task for a first-timer without all of the proper tools and first-hand knowledge.

Yeah, and the hourly labor rate at most shops is doubled if they are fixing the customer's screw ups.

The car I'm currently restoring is a rag top, I'm doing absolutely ever single bit of the work, except the top. It just seems like one of those things that's easy to screw up, expensive to fix and odds are I'll never do it again so why go there.

My 2 cents

Well, I think you guys have officially talked me out of doing something I'd probably regret. I think I'll defer to a pro, and save the frustration, flying tools, and profanity for another time. Thanks for the advice!

-
Back