Cragars rub!!! Help

-
I agree something is not right with the suspension
my 66 barracuda is running 215/70-14 on 5.5" rally rims with no clearance issues at all

Those tires should fit......

It's hard to tell for sure from your pic, but I'd try lowering the torsion bars a bit. It may give you the needed clearance. Good Luck & Yes, Cragars look great on the early A's

As said, something is off on the front suspension. I'm running like some others here, 215/70/14 on sbp Cragars SS wheels. No issues with clearance at all.

Ok, so I bought a set of 215/60 14"....they clear, so now I can get the car to someone that knows suspension...the guys at the goodyear store are clueless...all they want to do is sell tires .but I agree. something is not right...now in search of someone who knows their sh*t...Thanks to all that replied to this issue!!!

Attachments

• dart.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 115
Wrong upper control arms? Disc brake swap?Spindles swapped?

According to everyone that has looked at the car all the frt suspension is stock....10" drum brakes...only thing is has is a factory frt sway bar cuz its a factory 4 speed car......scratchin my head

According to everyone that has looked at the car all the frt suspension is stock....10" drum brakes...only thing is has is a factory frt sway bar cuz its a factory 4 speed car......scratchin my head

check the strut rod bushings. if they are shot the can pull the lower control arm forward.

Will do...thanks younggun!!

this is not a mopar strut rod but its same idea. see how the bushing is crushed thin and cracked all to ****? this is what locates your lower control arm front to back. if yours havn't been changed in the last 20 yrs. id bet you need new ones no matter what.

7.16.2012_020.JPG

I have a 65 Dart,and run a 215 70/14 just like you had.That size will/can hit the lower front of the fender slightly on an
Early A.The fix,take a cut off wheel and trim the lower portion of the fender. Once done,hit it with a little touch up paint,you will never notice it. Problem solved.

Attachments

• Picture 696.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 94
-
Back