Cross Ram Intake Heat Shield

-

SSing

Reaction score
Hi,
Yes sorry, quality of picture is not good, but is showing a heat shield in a SS Hemi Engine.
Did someone fabricate them, or did racer make his own?
When did racers start using them?
Any thoughts and experience on the subject is appreciated.
Happy Holidays
Stefan
20161223_133650 heat shield 50.jpg

This is a oil deflection sheild or a oil heat sheild for the intake.It can be made at home from sheet metal just like a intake gasket like the 383/440,but his one sits in the lifter valley to stops the oil that is slashing around from hitting the bottom of the intake and heating the intake and causing fuel vaporizing,and burning away,mrmopartech

This is a oil deflection sheild or a oil heat sheild for the intake.It can be made at home from sheet metal just like a intake gasket like the 383/440,but his one sits in the lifter valley to stops the oil that is slashing around from hitting the bottom of the intake and heating the intake and causing fuel vaporizing,and burning away,mrmopartech

Yes thank you. Well it shouldn´t be to hard to make one, other than a lot of checking for push rod clearance I guess...

I had one on my old 360, it had these two spring like flat metal that locked the shield by going under the part of the head sticking up into the lifter galley. My dad bought it along time ago. But to give you an idea

20160714_202209.jpg

I had one on my old 360, it had these two spring like flat metal that locked the shield by going under the part of the head sticking up into the lifter galley. My dad bought it along time ago. But to give you an idea

View attachment 1715001255

Yes I have been thinking about some sort off device to lock the plate if this is going to be necessary in my application, and this seem smart... thank you.

-
Back