CSR Super shield

-

Vitamin c

Vitamin c
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone use a CSR carbon shield on there 727 ? I received mine from Mancini today and im not quite sure its what i want or like. The problem is in the fitment, Out of the box, the directions want you to grind off the stock linkage bolt hole/tab and the casting tabs. Not really what i wanted to do. i chose a fiber shield over a blanket or a steel shield due to the claim that these were suppose to fit without modifications. Anyone use a blanket? I may send this back.

swinger 253.jpg

swinger 254.jpg

swinger 255.jpg

My dad "tried" using one of these on his Superstocker - wouldn't fit under the stock floor either. He ended up cutting it all to S#%t and that kind of defeats the purpose.

The only thing about the blankets is they hold in heat.

He is trying to find someone that makes a hardened case for a 904. Ever heard of anyone making these?

My dad "tried" using one of these on his Superstocker - wouldn't fit under the stock floor either. He ended up cutting it all to S#%t and that kind of defeats the purpose.

The only thing about the blankets is they hold in heat.

He is trying to find someone that makes a hardened case for a 904. Ever heard of anyone making these?
He cut the shield to fit the trans? I think they mention not to do that in the destructions! would that affect the SFI stamp?

Yeah - he ruined it. the sheild came with the car when he bought it so he couldn't return it anyway. he cut it up so bad that it wouldn't pass tech.

Yeah - he ruined it. the sheild came with the car when he bought it so he couldn't return it anyway. he cut it up so bad that it wouldn't pass tech.
Well, that figures, i thought this would be the best way to go. im not going to cut up the trans to find out it wont fit under the car. Whats the vote on a blanket? Heat is the biggest problem?

-
Back