custom dash

-

PartsGuy

Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQDM0aq882c"]YouTube- Building a Custom Dashboard for a 1968 1000 Horsepower Camaro[/ame] I know its not a mopar but now i want to try this on the duster what do you all think?

my dash pad (which is cracked up) is on my kitchen table right now. I am gonna fiberglass three gauges into the center of it. cover the whole thing in either paint or suede. i have done some fiberglass stuff before. i figure if i mess up im no further back cause i needed a new one anyway.

I was thinking the same thing till i saw this now i might try a magnum dash or maybe a crossfire dash

it looks pretty nice, BUT...
i was in the glass business for years, i'd be real wary of painting that dash so nice because it will almost surely begin to show stress cracks in short order, especially in a car that sees the track. that stuff all moves around, i don't care how much you've stiffened the car. secondly, that thing was heavy before he started, now its at least a few pounds heavier. laminated glass can be as light as you want it, it depends on the thickness/layers/resin content, but the kitty hair stuff that i think he was using is dead weight. imo

Personally not a fan of what he did. Think it makes the interior look goofy. Just doesn't match anymore :/

-
Back