D150 Hydraulic Clutch on a 68 A833?

-

salinasjoel

Learning Daily
Reaction score
Who has done this? I did some research and it seems almost too straight forward so I was wondering what issues I may run into.

Thanks

I would much prefer to drive a vehicle with a hydraulic clutch. Either way just looking for info on if its been done and if I stand to encounter a common problem.

I am doing one now, it is not finished but I believe it will work fine, now there is the obvious way of using a McLeod throw out bearing and reservoir but they are ridiculously expensive especially for those of us north of the boarder who have to pay exchange, but for me the reason I am doing it is I am using a 56 Dodge truck body on a 81 Dodge truck frame, I am using a a833 and the "Z " bar and linkage is all out of alignment with the pedals, ( the brake/clutch pedal box I am using is from a 80's B150 van), so what I did is manufacture a small but heavy duty bracket that bolts directly to the bell housing with two bolts, it has a hole about 1 1/8" drilled through it and in that goes a hydraulic slave cyl from a older Chev truck I believe it was a S10, ( I bought it at a swap meet ), the rod from the slave cyl then is directly in line with the end of the factory clutch fork, I am using the factory Chev hydraulic hose and fluid reservoir which will be bolted on the firewall and I am using a B van brake m/c rod to go from the clutch pedal to push in the piston on the clutch m/c, I got as far as mounting the slave cyl and mocking up the clutch m/c rod this winter before putting everything aside for a house move, I am hoping to get back to it in the next couple of months and will re-post when done, so far the whole swap has cost me less than 10 bucks using swap meet parts

-
Back