daily driver?

-

Sussmad

Reaction score
I am taking my time finding a daily driver. Mostly I will be driving the car but so will 3 of my kids. Mixture of highway and town/city driving. My budget is under 2K.
options so far:
92 Volvo 240 105,000 miles asking $1800 very clean
78 mint 4 door Aspen 81,000 miles asking $2000
69 4 door Dart Miles? asking $1000
83 Chrysler New Yorker (mint) 45,000 miles asking $2500/BO

I know I am all over the place but like I said taking my time. A bodies have been very reliable for me. general thoughts?

Some ineresting picks there! Of the bunch, there are emotional reasons to want any of the Chrysler products but in all honesty, the Volvo is going to be the best of the bunch by a long shot...if by virtue of being the newest.

The Dart is the only of the Mopars that would rival the Volvo's reliability but it's way behind in all other kinds of tech.

Regardless, 240s are exemplary. Aamazing reliability... low maintanence. Neat cars.. .

I would pick the Volvo too....I know you said you are taking your time but from what I've seen those Volvo's sell very quick, if you want it get it checked out and make the deal.

I wouldn't say a 92 volvo is going the be reliable. It also won't be easy and cheep if it does have problems. I'd say keep looking. $2000 should buy a fair late 1990s early 2000. Mopars except the 2.7 v6 , gm 3.8s. I wouldn't buy any imports those years in that price. The good ones cost more then $2000 the $2000 imports are $2000 because they are ready to break and expensive to fix. Saturn's are great those years especially with a manual.

-
Back