Damn exhaust manifold!

-
D

Dirty Scamp

My Scamp had a pretty decent leak at the manifold so I decided to seal it back up. Once I got the intake and exhaust off the motor (which is a hassle with AC) I started pulling the intake off the exhaust. Two of the 3 bolts snapped, one inside the exhaust manifold and then I noticed that the exhaust had a big *** crack in it! disgust

I looked on Ebay and only found one intake and exhaust set for too much money. Anyone have an exhaust manifold they want to sell or how do you think welding the crack will hold up for now?

I have '70 and '71 Dart parts cars that have /6's in them. Would this year car work for you?

Chuck

340mopar said:
I have '70 and '71 Dart parts cars that have /6's in them. Would this year car work for you?

Chuck
Mine is a 72. I honestly don't know for sure. Anyone, anyone...

Thanks for the offer. I'll PM you as soon as I know for sure. :thumbup:

I know the '70 does not have EGR and I think the '71 does but I will check tonight.

Chuck

Hey just a heads up, welding that manifold can turn out to be a real pain.
The metal being cast, is pourus and makes it very hard to get a decent weld on it. You end up with perosity (gas pockets/holes) and it will tend to crack in the same spot.
However there is a technique that has been out for a while that actually "sprays" a weld on. Metal "BB's" are fed into a hopper of the gun and then it is super heated and sprayed, so you can actually spray a weld over the crack. I seen it done at a small welding convention about 4 years ago.
Anyhow just my $.02 Later

340mopar said:
I know the '70 does not have EGR and I think the '71 does but I will check tonight.

Chuck
My 72 has no EGR. I found a guy in town that has one that he'll give me for $50, but thanks guys, I appreciate it.

-
Back