Dang Battery

-

Mopower71

Speed Demon
Reaction score
Went to star the Demon and got the old rrrr rrrrr rrrrrrr poooooof
carb sitting there with a nice constant 1' flame. Burns down, I blow it out.
Battery was new last year. Sat with the disconnect turned off, and it's dead.
I bet if I go out to my 76 Dodge van or 96 caravan, both will start right up, and neither have been touched since before the Demon was put away.
Grrrrrr :x

:lol: Nope,
Nascar special. I think it's a Champion. I don't know what kills them with it disconnected.
Last year with the 1 year old battery, it would run dry in 2 days, just sitting.
Time for a Real battery, I guess.

I've got the same problem. New battery last year is now dead.

Why?
They can sit on the shelf in the store for a year, throw them in a car and they are fine. Put it in the :twisted: Demon :twisted: and it won't last a year. I think the :evil: Demon is possesed :twisted:

Mopower71 said:
Why?
They can sit on the shelf in the store for a year, throw them in a car and they are fine. Put it in the :twisted: Demon :twisted: and it won't last a year. I think the :evil: Demon is possesed :twisted:

Hey thats just like my tires. :puker:

That tire deal is screwed up.
I think they need to go through A hoosier window.
Never seen tires that can't withstand the winter.
Poor design is all I can figure. My garage isn't heated and most others aren't either, and a lot of people store their cars in their trailers. Are we all expected to buy these tires then install a climate controlled room to keep them in and only install them just before you drive on them then take them back off and put them back in the climate controlled vacuum chamber?

Mopower71 said:
That tire deal is screwed up.
I think they need to go through A hoosier window.
Never seen tires that can't withstand the winter.
Poor design is all I can figure. My garage isn't heated and most others aren't either, and a lot of people store their cars in their trailers. Are we all expected to buy these tires then install a climate controlled room to keep them in and only install them just before you drive on them then take them back off and put them back in the climate controlled vacuum chamber?

Ya mean I wasn't supposed to do that :tongue:

VVVVVAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRROOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love that sound. 45 mins with the truck hooked to it with jumper cables, and off she went on the first crank.
With white smoke belching out the back. Looks like a blown head gasket , BUT this thing always does this the first time it gets started, then after it warms up a while it's gone, and doesn't come back uless it sits for an extended time.
Anybody know what they use for O-Rings between the head and block, and what head gaskets to run?, just incase.
I never had an engine that used o-rings so I'm without a clue.
The :twisted: Demon :twisted: Lives again.

Norm if the block is O-ringed it probably has copper head gaskets. they tend to seep coolant so thats probably were the smoke is coming from.

AdamR said:
Mopower71 said:
Why?

Hey thats just like my tires. :puker:

LOL!!! :lol:

AdamR said:
Norm if the block is O-ringed it probably has copper head gaskets. they tend to seep coolant so thats probably were the smoke is coming from.

dont know if this is something general or if it just happens but my 340 is o- ringed with cooper head gaskets and i havent seen White smoke in the two years i have had it that way, and the coolant level is the same all the time :D

duster340 said:
AdamR said:

dont know if this is something general or if it just happens but my 340 is o- ringed with cooper head gaskets and i havent seen White smoke in the two years i have had it that way, and the coolant level is the same all the time :D
It's odd, but I haven't noticed any coolant loss either

my old R block was o ringed Norm and it never leaked, check the head bolt torque and see what happens, I have a leakdown tester here and I can lend you on of my Optima race batteries to go to the track, I can drive up in the Skyline and be the pit crew!!
Keep in touch
Andy

I'm not sure if it is leaking, or it's just blowby from it being cold, Doesn't have that sweet smell of anti freeze. I need to find a set of twist lock breathers that have a hose nipple on them. I can find push in ones but not the twist in ones. Then hook the hoses to the check valves in the exhaust. There is no PCV system on the engine, just 2 breathers to atmosphere.

On a good note, Started the car today and No smoke except for a slight blue haze.
Need to get the trailer out, flush the Cooling system in the Demon again, get it off the jack stands, Check the fluids again, put the hood on and put it on the trailer and away we go on Saturday for a little T&T.

I hope to roll out of here at 7 if everything goes right. You know how that goes. That way I can hit tech about 9, get unloaded and in line.
More that likely I'll get a late start, rush around like a maniac, just to sit in line for 2 hrs. :lol:

I keep forgetting I have small children to add complications to my plans, I will check with the powers that be and see what we can do???
Good luck
A

tweety said:
I keep forgetting I have small children to add complications to my plans, I will check with the powers that be and see what we can do???
Good luck
A
Well Andy, You know how it goes. It's 7:00 and I'm still at the house. Patrick woke up sick, so had to take care of a few things. I'm headed out to tighten the straps down on the car, then I'm outa here, and headed up.
It's remarkable how this never fails. :?

Mopower71 said:
tweety said:
Good luck
A
Well Andy, You know how it goes. It's 7:00 and I'm still at the house. Patrick woke up sick, so had to take care of a few things. I'm headed out to tighten the straps down on the car, then I'm outa here, and headed up.
Did you go? I did brakes on my wife's Neon. I am going to take the snows off my Concorde. The rest of the day I will spend on the Dart...

BBLM23 said:
Mopower71 said:
tweety said:
Good luck
A
Did you go? I did brakes on my wife's Neon. I am going to take the snows off my Concorde. The rest of the day I will spend on the Dart...

I sure did go. Had to. It was a good mind correction day, after being trapped in the house for to long.

-
Back