Dart body color

-

sqrelnts

Reaction score
I'm getting to the point of painting the engine bay on my 68 Dart. Going to paint it the same as exterior. Problem is i cant decide on a color. I think i've got it narrowed down to either B5 Blue or the 2011-12 dodge lime green. Already have a set of polished torque thrusts and planning on flat black hood with scoop. Opinions? Anyone happen to have any pics of any darts in lime green? Thanks in advance

I'm getting to the point of painting the engine bay on my 68 Dart. Going to paint it the same as exterior. Problem is i cant decide on a color. I think i've got it narrowed down to either B5 Blue or the 2011-12 dodge lime green. Already have a set of polished torque thrusts and planning on flat black hood with scoop. Opinions? Anyone happen to have any pics of any darts in lime green? Thanks in advance

Can't go wrong with B5 blue but it is so over done. Maybe the lime green?

personally i think the impact colors dont look all that great on pre 70s cars. the lime greens are just as overdone IMO

Don't know that I have ever seen a blue car with blacked out hood, just my opinion but it seems a blacked out hood would look better on a lighter color car.

Go back origional.[-X

REALLY!

It is YOUR car. Do what YOU want and makes YOU happy....besides original is boring. Think outside the box like Viper Snakeskin green, modern version of Go-Mango, the color books are full of fantastic ideas. Just go to your paint supplier and spend a few hours looking through the books and find something that you just can't live without. Good luck!

REALLY!

It is YOUR car. Do what YOU want and makes YOU happy....besides original is boring. Think outside the box like Viper Snakeskin green, modern version of Go-Mango, the color books are full of fantastic ideas. Just go to your paint supplier and spend a few hours looking through the books and find something that you just can't live without. Good luck!

Using a variation of what everyone else is using is boring.

Sunfire Yellow (a factory color) with a blackout treatment would look hot.

Why don't you just sell it to me for my hemi clone and it will be a nice primer color!!

i'm getting to the point of painting the engine bay on my 68 dart. Going to paint it the same as exterior. Problem is i cant decide on a color. I think i've got it narrowed down to either b5 blue or the 2011-12 dodge lime green. Already have a set of polished torque thrusts and planning on flat black hood with scoop. Opinions? Anyone happen to have any pics of any darts in lime green? Thanks in advance

f3....

Attachments

• f3 69gts_1t.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 169
REALLY!

HAHA, Easy big fella!

I bought mine new in 70 and it still wears it's original paint so I never had to make this decision. However, Since you have it narrowed down to the 2 choices I would choose the blue. I agree that the hi impact colors look best on 70 and up cars...most of the time.

I would go with the blue between those colors

Have seen some sub lime older cars and they just don't look right

Now green with envy, might look good, or the new b5 on the new challengers

I like the pearl colors, make a statement that stands out without being a standout color

MY OPINION ONLY

Your car do what you like

All the Darts look sweet in Orange, but that's not one of the choices. Blue, if all I get is the 2 colors to pick from!

Thanks for all the suggestions. Just when I was about to make my mind up and go with the lime green, you guys got me thinking twice!lol

-
Back