Dart cage

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
Finally pulled the dash and started working on the front of the cage.
Cutting out old wire and getting ready to make an aluminum dash. That stock dash is heavy....

I'm not crazy happy with the cage but it started life as a generic kit and it's fit is ok.

Now that I have a nice bender and notcher I could have done better but such is life..

Cutting out BS wire.
No way a race car needs all this wiring...

I cut a door bar too short and dont have the stock to remake it. So off to tube specialty in Freemont for a new stick...

Still 16 bars to make but it should be dam safe when done..

I know it's a lot of weight in cage but I dont care. If all the cage makes me slower I'll just add more HP..

:)

Looks good, you going to bend your own dash or get a universal one and trim to fit?

imagejpeg_0_zpsphjrcxgp.jpg

20170507_184418_zpsylg7eejk.jpg

20170507_184403_zpswwm0jpzd.jpg

Here's the new dash.

I started working on the rear package tray after work today.

I can tell you its not fun trying to climb through the cage to fit the pattern...
I had to remove the passenger seat and remove one bar from the cage just to get in the back..
20170509_204913_zps7pwqih7n.jpg

Wow I'm jealous. That looks great. I just did a plain one lol you do some amazing work.

Thanks. Me and my pops have been doing aluminum panels for about a year now. The plan is to some day make money off them. I'm busting my *** to get as much done before the big De Anza show next month.
Funny thing is the rear tray and seat delete panel will get torn out when I tub the car.

-
Back