dart rims

-

klingon

Reaction score
Hi new to here Just wanted to ask you guys a few things?I have a 1969 dart with a stock front end with 9inch drums in the front.And I want to put 14x7 with 4inch back space but the rims run close to my upper control arm and ball joint? Is this ok ?

Hi Klingon, I have a 66 Dart 4dr sedan with the manual 9in brakes and 5x4 sbp wheels. I just purchased some nice used 14x7 front and 14x8 rear with a 3in backspace aluminum slotted wheels for my car. It originally had 13in steel wheels. The tires I bought were 195/60-14. I went with that size so I could keep the speedometer as accurate as possible without having to mess with speedometer gear changes. As is these tires will only add 2 mph to the current reading.

Paul

Hi new to here Just wanted to ask you guys a few things?I have a 1969 dart with a stock front end with 9inch drums in the front.And I want to put 14x7 with 4inch back space but the rims run close to my upper control arm and ball joint? Is this ok ?

Not a good thing especially when you mount the tires. A 5.5" stock rim w/4.25" b/s would work.

Welcome to the board. Where in Canada do you reside ?

Please post pictures of you Dart. We like pictures.

Ian.

Close is ok, touching isn't.

Probabaly should upgrade to discs.. but I ran 10" drums on mine for 15 years.

-
Back