Demon exhaust on a 4 doors Dart?

-

MoparFan

Reaction score
Hi,

I happen to have found a guy who is selling complete exhaust (2.25" with Dynomax muffler) out of a Demon with a 340. 300$ for the whole thing (apporx. 10 000km on the exhaust), is it worthed?

I was wondering if it would fit on my Dart with a 318?
From my Service Manual the Demon as a 3" shorter wheelbase, so I guess I would have to extend the pipes by 3", but other then that will the manifold flange fit? Are they at the same position according to the frame/steering component?

thanks

From the cowl forward I would think that it would be the same, I think that the 3 inch differance is in the main underbody section before the rear axle. That is where you may have to add the extra pipe. Anyone else?

the 3'' inch extension may fix the difference in length but the manifold flange i bet is different. i know that tti needed to know exactly what p/n i had on my manifolds to get it right. they said the driver side had a ball type flange on it and there were differences in the way they conected. i don't know about dynomax systems but i would suspect the same rules apply. maybe you can call dynomax and get their advice.....

I agree with adding the 3 inches (or whatever makes it fits well) to the pipes before the mufflers. As far as the flanges are concerned, I'm pretty sure they wont fit. If the donor car has the 340 hi perf exh manifolds they for certain have a different exit on the pass side and Im fairly certain they do on the drivers side. Having said that - whay not take the whole mess to a muffler shop and have them fab the new ends for your manifolds and extend the pipes for your body. As far as the value - you need to judge them from their condition, are they rusty and thin - junk, are they clean and heavy - good. The price is not bad if they are ok, it never hurts to ask for a discount either. While you are at it, get a quote on a whole new system from your muffler shop, you might be surprised or disgusted !!!

well thanks for all the infos ... I will forget that use kit. It is used and the fit is too much uncertain...I started to get informations from muffler shop around here to have an idea of the price ... let just say, it varies a lot ...

-
Back