Demon Of A Tire Dilema

-

demonman

Reaction score
I'm Putting New Tires And Wheels On My 71 Demon. I'm Worried About The Fit On The Rear Tires I've Already Ordered. Does Anyone Know If A 255/70/15 Bf Goodrich Ta On A 15x7" Rim With A 4" Bs Will Fit Ok? The Tire Diameter Listed Is 29.1". I'm Worried Most About The Tire Diameter Being Too Large To Fit. Thanks In Advance.

demonman said:
I'm Putting New Tires And Wheels On My 71 Demon. I'm Worried About The Fit On The Rear Tires I've Already Ordered. Does Anyone Know If A 255/70/15 Bf Goodrich Ta On A 15x7" Rim With A 4" Bs Will Fit Ok? The Tire Diameter Listed Is 29.1". I'm Worried Most About The Tire Diameter Being Too Large To Fit. Thanks In Advance.

Yes I'm running 255-60x15 on the back of my Demon with no problem with the 15x7 SBS cragars. Fits fine. Your 255-70's are the same width just a little taller tire (2" larger dia.)

Terry

demon seed said:
Yes I'm running 255-60x15 on the back of my Demon with no problem with the 15x7 SBS cragars. Fits fine. Your 255-70's are the same width just a little taller tire (2" larger dia.)

Terry

I'm using MT ET street radials that are 255/60/15's on my '72 Duster that are 28 inches tall without any problems. I have 15x10 inch rims with 4 3/4 inch backspace and they are very close to the fender lip and spring.

Go to Tire Rack www.tirerack.com and check how wide the T/A is. Mine are approximately 11 inches wide and thats as large as will possibly fit in my wheel wells.

Depending on your wheel, a 29 inch tire is not an easy fit in a demon. My duster has 28 inch tires and its rather close to the quarterpanel up front. good luck

dusterdon said:
Depending on your wheel, a 29 inch tire is not an easy fit in a demon. My duster has 28 inch tires and its rather close to the quarterpanel up front. good luck

I agree...I have L60-14's on the back of my Demon and they are VERY close to the front of the quarter panel -- these are 29" tall tires too. It's tight, but they fit and don't rub...yet.

DSCF0773b.jpg

DSCF0773b.jpg

thanks for the replies. think i'll swap out the tires for 255/60/15.

-
Back