Desk top dyno?

-

bigdemo1

Reaction score
Lots of people on here talk about them,so who's is best?

Who are you comparing Desktop Dyno to?

As with any program they are all only as good as the information input to them. One big issue why some guys find them way off is the head flow data input. You really can't just choose from their list of heads and expect it to be right. You really need the head flow numbers. I have Desktop Dyno and Comp Cams version called Cam Quest and when I input the same numbers in both programs they are both pretty close on what hp they say. Cam Quest is free so it's not nearly as flexible as Desktop Dyno.

The actual Computer Program you are referring to is: Desktop Dyno 2000.

It came out in 1999/2000, you can really have some fun on there.
That program is what opened my eyes to engine combos...and the possibilities of the Lowly 318.

I bought the program as a gift to a friend of mine and we played with it all the time.

I once built a 4500hp Blown Hemi...it was awesome!!! the dyno graph looked like the backside of Mt. Everest...STRAIGHT UP from 0-8000rpm. 8)

Its kinda pricey...like $50-100 new...but you can find it online for cheaper...whether its better than the actual program..I dont know.

The actual Computer Program you are referring to is: Desktop Dyno 2000.

It came out in 1999/2000, you can really have some fun on there.
That program is what opened my eyes to engine combos...and the possibilities of the Lowly 318.

I bought the program as a gift to a friend of mine and we played with it all the time.

I once built a 4500hp Blown Hemi...it was awesome!!! the dyno graph looked like the backside of Mt. Everest...STRAIGHT UP from 0-8000rpm. 8)

Its kinda pricey...like $50-100 new...but you can find it online for cheaper...whether its better than the actual program..I dont know.

There are actually a few different versions of it. Desktop Dyno 2000 was just the original I believe. I have DynoSim which looks just like Desktop Dyno 2000 but has a few more features. IMO it's not really worth the extra money though as the few extra's it has do very little for you. BTW: If I remember right I only paid $40 for it off of E-bay. Desktop Dyno 2000 was $30 at that time. That was a couple yrs. back.

very very good program.. fairly accurate as well, as long as you have the correct information. Makes it easier to piece an engine together and then know what to expect.

-
Back